OTF Nunu cousin of Lil Durk and member of his OTF crew was shot and killed in Chicago. The Chicago Tribune reports Nunu was killed in the parking lot of Chatham Village Square mall when somebody opened fire on the vehicle he was in. The rapper was shot multiple times and when trying to escape he crashed his vehicle into a store.

A 21-year-old man was killed this afternoon while in the parking lot of a South Side shopping mall, officials said.

The shooting occurred at 3:19 p.m. on the 700 block of East 87th Street, according to police and fire officials.

Witnesses said the crime occurred at the Chatham Village Square mall at Cottage Grove and 87th Street.

The victim’s body remained at the scene, slumped in the front seat of a white SUV, into the early evening. Officials would not name the victim but social media has erupted with tributes to the man, who is believed to be a young rapper.

Police News Affairs Officer Stacey Cooper said the victim was inside his SUV when someone walked up to him and began shooting. The man sustained multiple gunshot wounds, police said.

After the shooting, the victim appeared to try and flee from the shooting but crashed into a store, causing the B*Fresh clothing store’s front window to buckle.

A woman who did not give her name said she was shopping at an AT&T store when she heard multiple loud gunshots.

At 7:40 p.m. a 23-year-old man was shot in the 7900 block of South Champlain Avenue, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Thomas Sweeney. The man sustained a gunshot wound to his leg and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center where his condition had stabilized.

A short time earlier, at 7:30 p.m. a 26-year-old man was in an alley on the 7100 block of South Seeley Avenue when he was shot, Sweeney said.

The man was shot in the right shoulder and was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition.

In addition to that shooting, a 25-year-old man was wounded on the 8500 block of South Marquette Road, said Cooper.

The shooting happened at 4:14 p.m. and left the man with a gunshot wound to his back. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition, Cooper said.

Eyewitness reports say Nunu was alive and breathing in his vehicle nearly 15 minutes before passing away. A local woman tried saving him, but officers wouldn’t let her give him CPR because it was a crime scene.

Fellow collaborators and friends of OTF Nunu took to social media to mourn the loss of their friend.

Disrespectful imagery has also found it’s way online of the young Chicago rapper dead in the driver seat of the vehicle. That graphic imagery we just won’t share.

Rest in peace.

otf nunu murdered

UPDATE: Did this man confess to murder via Twitter?