No, the headline is not an elaborate hoax. The First Lady of The United States Of America is gearing up to release her very own rap album. It doesn’t look Mrs. Obama will be dropping her own bars on the project, but she has pieced together a compilation album in support of her Let’s Move campaign that battles child obesity. Ariana Grande, DMC, Doug E. Fresh, Travis Barker, and Ashanti are among the list of artists involved in the album. The project will also feature New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert who should benefit from fellow NBA player/rapper Metta World Peace moving to his team this season.
See the tracklist for the album which is sponsored by Partnership For A Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health below.
1. “U R What You Eat” feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” feat. Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. “Let’s Move” feat. Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. “Just Believe” feat. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. “Veggie Luv” feat. Monifah and J Rome
6. “Hip Hop FEET” feat.DMC and Artie Green
7. “Stronger” feat. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. “Give Myself a Try” feat. Ryan Beatty
9. “Jump Up” feat. Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” feat. Artie Green
11. “Pass the Rock” feat. Iman Shumpert and Artie Green
12. “Good Living” feat. Ashton Jones
13. “Beautiful” feat. Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. “Change the Game” feat. The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” feat. Paul Burch
16. “Mother May I” feat. Amelia Robinson
17. “We Like vegetables” feat. Los Barkers!
18. “Get Up Sit Up” feat. Babi Floyd
19. “One Step Forward” feat. Samite